- Two 22cm mid woofers, with « isotactic Matrix » cones – a new type of composite material (woven polypropylene). This cone material exhibits stiffness, lightness and good damping properties,
Long voice-coil on titanium former for a high linear excursion. A heavy copper ring on the pole piece together with a solid copper phase plug reduce distortions.
This custom design driver made by Seas in Norway for Apertura is widely modified in our facility (motor & mechanical damping).
- New generation ribbon tweeter that uses an aluminum/ polymer sandwich diaphragm for improved linearity.
The high frequency drive unit is a professional grade ribbon tweeter, one of the biggest currently available. Its emissive surface is four times the Armonia one.
A so high effective piston area allows to reduce the movements of the ribbon, thus distortion at low and high levels.
- Proprietary « DRIM » structure with a triple attenuation slopes and phase control over the entire bandwidth.
- A brand new crossover for this mkII version with two independent circuit boards for low-pass and High-pass sections.
Choix de condensateurs très haut de gamme.
Selection of very high end audio capacitors from Jantzen, Denmark.
- Each set of drive units (tweeter and mid/woofer) are individually measured and crossover values adjusted according to these sets measurements.
- Hand wiring on a 140 µm copper printed circuit board. Optimized crossover structure to avoid magnetic interference between components
- Binding post : pure copper with gold plating
- This new model uses the Apertura very specific cabinet shape: two curved sides of different length and no parallel front and back panels.
- The complex load is a mix between a Bass-Reflex and an acoustic line. The vent tube of large section is located beneath the speaker.
- A massive metal base acts as a mechanical referential and helps reproduce with precision the most subtle details.
- Laminar structure based on multiple thin layers pressure molded.
Such process creates breaking modes and limit propagation of vibrations.
Final thicknesses vary from 28 to 44 mm.
- Internal multi-cavity framework to stiffen the structure and create very specific areas where damping materials can be applied
- No less than 10 horizontal and vertical thick bracing panels make up the skeleton on which all panels are mounted on
- Importance is given to damping treatment to cancel any standing waves. We are using 4 different types of dumping materials.
- Mechanical grounding: a central cone positioned on the axis of the center of gravity improved vibrations transfer to the floor. It optimized the dispersal of structure-borne noises.
- Differents standard finishes available :
- High Gloss : maple, Rosewood, Rosewood dos Santos
- On demand : any color in High gloss and metal high gloss
- Frequency range : 30-30 000Hz / +-3dB
- Sensitivity : 95 dB/2.83v/1m
- Impedance : 4 Ω
- Load : Bass-reflex
- Drive units : 2 x 22 cm mid-woofer « Isotactic matrix », Ribbon tweeter 15 x 145 mm
- Crossover frequency : 2,1 kHz
- Terminals : single wire binding posts (bananas or spades)
- Dimensions : 254 x 406 x 1270 mm (W x D x H), with metal stands : 404 x 443 x 1346 mm
- Weight : 76 kg net – 95 kg (packed)