Apertura’s Forté loudspeaker finally provides an answer to the frustration of many owners of high quality, but limited power amplifiers, such as tube or Class A electronics.
It’s the end of compromise.
Forté has a high sensitivity, extension and control of the low register that has never been seen before.
It benefits also from the well-known Apertura qualities: timbre fidelity, very high linearity and three-dimensional recreation of the soundstage.
All this in a compact, understated and elegant design.
Forté is suitable for rooms of at least 25-30m².
As the large diameter vent tube is located on the rear panel, it is recommended to place the speaker 50-60cm away from the rear wall, if possible.
- Two 18 cm mid/woofer with light light paper cone, filled with reed fibers.
Long voice coil for a high linear excursion.
- Fabric dome tweeter from the “Ring Radiator” family.
Very powerful Neodymium magnet circuit for a high sensitivity.
Very linear bandwidth thanks to the dome profile and the rear damping chamber.
- Proprietary « DRIM » structure with a triple attenuation slopes and phase control over the entire bandwidth.
- High end components from Jantzen :
- Heavy gauge baked inductors
- Polypropylene capacitors
- Each set of drive units (tweeter and mid/woofers) are individually measured and crossover values adjusted according to these sets’ measurements.
- Hand wired on a 140 µm copper thickness printed circuit board.
- Optimized crossover structure to avoid magnetic interference between components.
- Internal wiring with 2.5mm² OFC copper cable.
- This model uses the Apertura very specific cabinet shape : two curved sides of different length, and no parallel front and back panels.
- Laminar structure based on multiple thin layers pressure molded.
Such process creates breaking modes and limit propagation of vibrations.
- Panels minimum thickness : 25mm.
- Internal multi-cavity framework (4 heavy bracing panels) to stiffen the structure and create very specific areas where damping materials can be applied.
- Very extensive treatment of the internal volume to cancel any standing waves. Three different material are used for this.
- Mechanical grounding : a central cone positioned on the axis of the center of gravity improved vibrations transfer to the floor.
3 differents standard finishes available :
- Satin : american walnut
- High Gloss : piano black, white
- Drive units : 2x 18 cm mid-woofer paper/ reed cone, “Ring radiator” dome tweeter
- Frequency range (+/- 3dB) : 32 Hz – 28 kHz
- Sensitivity : 93dB/2.83v/1m
- Impedance : 4Ω
- Crossover frequency : 3,1 kHz
- Terminals : single wire binding posts (spades or Bananas)
- Dimensions : 230 x 334 x 1110 mm (W x D x H), with stands : 328 x 334 x 1149 mm
- Weight : 28 kg