Audiophile.fr – with the courtesy of Lionel Schmitt from Audiophile.fr : See article
- 22cm mid/woofer « isotactic matrix » with a woven polypropylene composite cone. This material combines stiffness, lightness and good damping properties.
Long voice coil for a high linear excursion.
- New generation of ribbon tweeter, using a flat metalized polymer diaphragm.
Its emissive area is twice that of the Edena tweeter. A double surface will reduce the movements of the ribbon, and thus the distortion. The result is an increase dynamic capacity and a higher resolution.
- Proprietary « DRIM » structure with a triple attenuation slopes and phase control over the entire bandwidth.
- A brand new crossover for the Evolution.
Selection of very high end capacitors.
- Each set of drive units (tweeter and mid/woofer) are individually measured and crossover values adjusted according to these sets measurements.
- Hand wiring on a 140 µm copper printed circuit board.
- Optimized crossover structure to avoid magnetic interference between components
- Binding post: Pure copper, silver -plated
- This new model uses the Apertura very specific cabinet shape: two curved sides of different length and no parallel front and back panels.
- Laminar structure based on multiple thin layers pressure molded.
Such process creates breaking modes and limit propagation of vibrations.
- Double thickness on the most critical panels
- Woofer frame mechanical locking
- Internal multi-cavity framework to stiffen the structure and create very specific areas where damping materials can be applied)
- Importance is given to damping treatment to cancel any standing waves. We are using 3 different types of dumping materials.
- Mechanical grounding : a central cone positioned on the axis of the center of gravity improves vibrations transfer to the floor.
- New aluminum stands and spikes available. Choice of 2 anodized colors: black or silver
- 4 different finishes available :
- Satin : cherry
- High Gloss : Piano black, Rosewood, maple
- On Demand : High gloss and metal high gloss
- Frequency range : 35-30 000Hz/ +-3dB
- Sensitivity : 89dB/2.83v/1m
- Impedance : 8Ω
- Load : bass-reflex
- Drive units : 22cm mid-woofer « Isotactic matrix » Ribbon tweeter 8x120mm
- Crossover frequency : 2,8 kHz
- Terminals : single wire binding posts (bananas or spades)
- Dimensions : 235 x 317 x 1110 mm (W x D x H), with metal stands : 328 x 317 x 1149 mm
- Weight : 32,4 kg net – 22kg (packed)